Sunday, January 18, 2009

Obama's First Press Conference

If you missed my comment to Maureen Dowd's comment page (and I'm SURE you did!):

I had a dream last night ... it was that in his first press conference, Obama would look out over the White House press corps and see Maureen Dowd and smile. "Glad to see you back, Ms. Dowd," he'll say. Secondly, that he'd look down into the first row and say, "Helen Thomas, you get the first three questions and any followups you need. These youngsters can wait their turn."

I've dreamed of crazier stuff.
-----------------------------------------------
Have you noticed about our incoming president that he calls on reporters respectfully? He calls them by their surnames and their media affiliation? "Chuck Todd, NBC News," he says. Not like when Bush would call on David Gregory of NBC news --- "Stretch," he'd say, the nickname due to Gregory's height.

I cannot wait to hear Helen Thomas's first question for Obama. It will be no softball, I expect, but I'm just grateful that she's still pitching. When she finally did get to ask Bush a question or two, she peeled the bark off the guy. Asked him why, when all of his excuses for the Iraq war turned out to be wrong, why was he really so determined to invade that country. I stammered, he insisted that al Queda was too in Afghanistan, dammit. Yeah, but she was asking about Iraq, dumbass.

Will I miss having a guy with the nuclear codes who's a dumbass? Nope. Not even a little.

No comments: