Saturday, March 07, 2009

It just makes me happy

Yeah. It's as simple as this.
When I see this picture of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during her Middle East visit, I just feel something.
It's change I can believe in ... cause I can SEE it. Look at all those women.

Look at them smiling.
Look at them looking upward.

I don't care what they're looking at. (I know it isn't the U.S. stock market) Sure there may have been pix like this with Condi Rice in them, or Sec'y Albright. I don't mean to diminish their contribution to breaking through ... it's huge.

But right now, it's just this picture.

Lately I wonder if we're going to make it. If the worst is coming. But you know what, this picture helps. Even at 3:00 a.m., when it seems the worst. This one of the official "first swing set." It helps me focus on tomorrow -- better than a thousand words could.

No comments: