Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep ...

But Barack Obama was up late sending you a text message: It's Joe Biden! (Read about Joe ... he's a hero of the working class)

Okay, that one just cracked me up for about 15 minutes. What an incredible slap to the self-described mainstream media. The ultimate Who needs you?

And how do I know this is what he wanted to prove? My cell phone went off just after 3:00 a.m. with the text message. I cracked up at the "It's three a.m. ..." recall of Hillary's ad. After a minute or two, I put on MSNBC to head David Shuster say that MSNBC's reporting indicated it was Biden and that although the Obama campaign had said they'd announce by text message, it had not happened yet.

WRONG. Just plain WRONG. If not for the message, I'm not up watching TV. And, yes, that makes me wonder about everything I hear on TV. They got this wrong ... this simple thing. What else is wrong or misleading?

Great flex of organizational muscle, to show McCain, the old political machines, the old media ("our sources are telling us ... absolutely nothing") that Obama ain't just talking about "new politics" he is going roll out the new Democratic Party and he's going to to knock down the walls of convention in how he does it.

He can even make one of the safest and most conventional choices in a running mate take on the drama and suspense of choosing an unknown.

Finally, utterly brilliant to do it at 3:00 a.m. -- to rifff on the Hillary ad and to do so when their supporters are almost certainly NOT WATCHING TELEVISION.

Oh, my. We could have four very good years coming.

No comments: